Lions Clubs around the world continue to make history. Whether your club is 97 years old or received its charter in the last few days, we all benefit from the rich history of service that LIONS Clubs International has provided for almost a century.
However, we can not sit back, reflect upon our pride of the past and fail to continue to provide the service which has brought us to this point. In fact, we must continue to build a legacy of service within our community.
The Centennial Service Challenge has been given to each of the 46,000 clubs and 1.39 million Lions around the world. The Video will explain more about the goals, which we will achieve.
How can your club help?
1. Appoint a Club Centennial Chair
2. Commit to complete one project in each of the areas of concentration – Vision, Youth, World Hunger and Environment. Also, each club must report the project using MYLCI.
3. Participate in the Worldwide Week of Service, January 10-16, 2015 to celebrate Melvin Jones’ Birthday.
4. Attend the Alabama Lions Convention, Decatur, Al May 14-17, where we will kick of the Worldwide Week of Service to Help Children.
5. Commit to sponsor one new member, per club, per month in the year 2015. The Centennial Membership Challenge will be revealed in April, 2015.
I am resolved to… You complete the sentence for you.